kenwooi.blogspot.com
is no longer active!

You're being directed to
kenwooi.com
in a moment.

Latest from kenwooi.com

01 July 2009

Internet Explorer Sucks!

Nowadays, it isn't only IT geeks who don't use Internet Explorer. In fact, many have realized the noobiness of this Microsoft product and have opted to use another web browser instead using the default web browser (Internet Explorer) provided with the Microsoft Windows Operating System.

Recently I found out that kenwooi.com's entry pages cannot be opened with Internet Explorer. Whenever an entry page is opened, an error message will be shown.

internet explorer error message

As usual, it's not the original error message - it's edited. The original message was...

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site
Operation aborted
[ OK ]

So I searched for information regarding this nuisance and there are 3 possible reasons why the damn Internet site can't bloody load on Internet Explorer.

1) This error can happen if Google Map API is present in the HTML code. Google search to find a solution.

2) If there are any JavaScripts running inside the HTML BODY tag, then this error is bound to occur. The solution is to move the script to the top or bottom of the BODY tag or after the body.

3) Internet Explorer Sucks! Period.

IE sucks

I checked for JavaScripts which were running inside the BODY tag of kenwooi.com HTML code. I moved all my Javascripts to the bottom of the body tag so that it will not interfere while parsing the page. Then, I tried again in IE after the modification but the error message is still there!

However, I think it has something to do with the "Embedded Comment Form" on the Blogger entry page. When I changed the comment form placement to "Full Page" or "Pop-up" mode, the error doesn't appear! Therefore, I've concluded that the removal of the embedded comment form solves the problem.

Blogger developers please check! As if they'll notice…

Furthermore, I've optimized the display of the blog with Mozilla Firefox. So for your viewing pleasure, please be informed that kenwooi.com is best viewed with Firefox.

If you're using Internet Explorer at the moment, you are strongly encouraged to download another web browser.

Here are some recommendations:

mozilla firefox logo
Mozilla Firefox

Totally better than Internet Explorer. My favourite web browser. It has an in-built spelling checker which is very useful when it comes to blogging, e-mails and replying at forums.

google chrome logo
Google Chrome

I used it once a long time ago but I've reverted to Firefox because Chrome doesn't have in-built spelling checker. My English spelling sucks to be honest.

safari logo
Safari

Tried it on a Macbook. Almost the same as Firefox. Definitely better than Internet Explorer. Apple has just recently introduced the latest Safari 4.


Now, don't tell me you're lazy to download. Come on, it's just a click away and let the dumb Internet Explorer perform its final task (which is to download another web browser) for you and you can start abandoning IE. Let it rot.

Click on the logo to download your preferred future web broswer:

mozilla firefox logogoogle chrome logosafari logo

Try them out and provide your feedback on the comment section.

Anyway, based on kenwooi.com's visitors web browser statistics analyzed by Sitemeter, it clearly states that more than 3/4 of the visitors do NOT use Internet Explorer.

web browser share

3% - Opera users *applause*
10% - Safari users *applause*
69% - Mozilla Firefox users *louder applause*

and... 18% - Internet Explorer users *BOOOOO!*

I just don't understand why people are still stuck with IE. If you're a current user of Internet Explorer, change now!

Seriously, the easiest way to avoid all the "nonsense" and complication is to switch to Firefox, or some others - the choice is yours.

Seize the chance now, you'll never regret it. =)

68 comments:

  1. If you like Firefox.. try Flock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you =D, i hate IE = = furthermore it is slower than both Mozilla and Opera browser.

    i love to use the plugins in Mozilla XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. high five to the tech geeks who did not use IE8 or some other versions.I am impressed too,that you did researches bout` it.About your blog..it is informative and yet..colorful(i see rainbow) haha..oh and one more..teach me how you edit the pictures one day..cherios..adios.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kenwooi, better change to FF, or if u wanna browse more faster, choose google chrome. :D

    IE suck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I been using Mozilla Firefox all the while...Mozilla rocks...Microsoft really sucks...:)...Good post man..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm using Chrome. i'm google fan. =))

    IE is truly.. *shake head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you use IE8,need this update from Microsoft.

    http://snipurl.com/l6x9u

    ReplyDelete
  8. SAFARI USER!! *woots!!*

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol. I am actually using Opera. It's really good n fast. In fact, chrpme always crashes =(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Dude! I have been a fan of FF ever since I started to hate IE! Haha.. IE definitely sucks! I ran several tests and found FF is way better than IE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love safari... going to change back to mozilla once I reformatted my pc

    ReplyDelete
  12. IE sucks. No doubt about it. I tried to use IE8 with the hope that MS has made improvements. But too bad...nothing has changed...it is worse right now.

    Now I'm using chrome which is better than FF a little. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. firefox n google chrome ftw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm using Mozilla and Chrome. IE long time been in the cold storage. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have been wondering if we could actually uninstall IE :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chances r it's the uncle aunties that r using IE lor. built-in mar, no need to install anything hahaha. i gave up on IE long time ago la..even IE 8 came out, i tried it, and i still prefer chrome. btw chrome has spell check also wor.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lah, people watch the trasformer movie just to watch Megan FOx nia... ;)

    Anyway, there is still some government website that is best viewed on internet explorer..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. IE8 isn't as bad as the previous generations. Yes, it's caught up on what other browsers have had for years, but as a true and true geek, I can say it's pretty decent on its own especially in regards to its CSS support now.

    Although I will still use Firefox because I've got too much system integration and multi platform syn built on it due to my addons. No other browser gives me that kind of unified geekery.

    Also, you forgot to mention Opera which is also a good browser. It works pretty fast for me and its got a better cache management than Chrome and Firefox.

    Also, here is a little trivia. The EU version of Windows 7 won't be shipping with IE8 due to legal reasons. Before you rejoice and say EU is doing it right. Consider this.

    How are they going to download and install other browsers if they don't have a browser to download them from?

    If we're a Windows user, you're still going to need IE8, even if it's for 5 minutes while you download other browsers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. couldn't agree more on IE! I have been having this issue since the last update pfft!

    Omg everyone said Transformers isn't good! Ok time to lower down the expectation! (goes meditate to brain wash self) :P.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ya... everytime i try to drop down comment in your blog..
    the box pop in..
    =____="

    ReplyDelete
  21. Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site
    Operation aborted
    [ OK ]

    oh.. i mean this.. =___="

    ReplyDelete
  22. I still use Internet Explorer on some occasion as some sites seems to only operate with that browser only. My main browsers are still firefox and chrome

    ReplyDelete
  23. i use.. firefox... errmm sometime use opera.. never use IE...

    ReplyDelete
  24. ie alot of bug..so i think other browser would be better

    ReplyDelete
  25. hoho. firefox & chrome for me. A big NO to IE. =)
    "Chrome doesn't have in-built spelling checker."
    well actually there is. =D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've always hated IE. it happened to my site also but luckily it didn't repeat itself after I did all my debugging.
    And not all version of IE are compatible with the current scripts. TOtally frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thks for the tips. I have been having some problem browing through others blogs..

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always have problem with IE. Especially when I opened more pages, a problem occurred and they had to close it wtf!

    Therefore, I had been using Firefox all the while. Though opening this application is slow (maybe for my computer) if compared to IE, not many problems occured (unlike IE *bleh!*)
    And oh! Currently, I am using Google Chrome :D My BF intro me to it and I quite like it EXCEPT, I can't view 1/4 of my blog page with it. I wonder why T_T

    But if I view my blog with Firefox, I wonder why I can't see 'ads by nuffnang' T_T

    ReplyDelete
  29. Prefer Firefox anytime. Been using them for over 2 years!!!

    Like Chrome too but unfortunately Roboform doesn't work on it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just don't understand why people are still stuck with IE. If you're a current user of Internet Explorer, change now!

    oh... because i am using company's computer. They dont allow us to simply install. T-T
    so...
    Dont BOOOO.. me.. =.="

    ReplyDelete
  31. eh..firefox 3.5 released d since yesterday..have u tried using it?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I upgrade my FF3 to 3.5 yesterday and i fount it weird when i browse my blog using it, the colour saturation just suprisingly weird lol..dono what happen actually..

    That's why i switch to Google Chrome again >.<
    I miss my twitterfox =(

    ReplyDelete
  33. try google crome.. or maybe needed to get the latest version of IE.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yo! Opera is worth a mention too man. Agreed. IE sucks .

    ReplyDelete
  35. yea opera is cool but firefox better ;) well in EBB speed opera keep saying time out or crap like tat.
    Anyway Ken, welcome to the club :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I dun even know why IE exist in the 1st place.

    ReplyDelete
  37. haihz...ie memang cnnot use d...vry laggy slow...i using firefox now XD~*

    ReplyDelete
  38. firefox 3.5 is a little bit faster than chrome.

    but im stayin with chrome because i love simplicity and i like the wide open browsing experience(no bottom bar and upper tab is better placed)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Firefox is good, safari is better for macs

    ReplyDelete
  40. yeah! IE sux! go for FF !even in my blog also i did post the same thing about this fking IE!

    ReplyDelete
  41. IE have some flaws and everyone knows that. It's also constantly targeted by hackers because it's pretty popular and considerably weak in terms of security though it has been improved in this requisite.
    Firefox is much better but have the same problem of IE that is growing and becoming pretty popular which will make it the next target for hackers. But if you know how to browse this is not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ooooh without a doubt. I dislike internet explorer with a passion. I'd stick with either chrome or firefox anyday. Chrome is now my fav and default browser for anything. You gotta love it. Safari is great but i just love the simplicity of the program.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Right, I hate IE too... Haha

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lol, dude... I have no love for IE, and am a Firefox user myself, but... seriously...

    Before you criticize a browser for failing to display your page, make sure that it is actually a valid page...

    560 errors, 399 warnings is seriously bad, man...

    ReplyDelete
  45. I have been a loyal Firefox user. :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have few of it just to try it out, still use firefox instead though.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm using Firefox 3.5, it's so cool!! I'm only using IE for work stuffs...

    ReplyDelete
  48. Ever since Firefox exists in my life, there is no longer IE.. Less variety and less user friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Yes! IE suck balls. I think almost everyone uses Mozilla of something else. My IE hangs just on loading the home page =_=

    ReplyDelete
  50. i do agree internet explorer sucks the version 8 even worst.. now i hop to safari

    ReplyDelete
  51. And that is why I used a Mac, well one of the reasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I've dumped IE long time ago! Yay to Firefox! It's the best, at least to me!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  53. I've been using Chrome since it came out and I've been using it since.

    Yeah, no to IE. Lots of problems each time I use it T_T

    ReplyDelete
  54. ha ?! chrome no support English dictionary meh ?! .. Ooo .. bro need to download the languages pack then paste into somewhere loh ..

    I revert firefox to chrome bcos firefox sometimes just die like tat (-_-)" ; I hate to reopen then "rewait" around 10+ tab to load AGAIN leh .. haha !!

    ReplyDelete
  55. 1 think stupid IE make me more even headache while editing lolz

    ReplyDelete
  56. IE suckie lah....illegal operation again...damn it....

    ReplyDelete
  57. I have to agree..IE is just too noob.sometimes the pages can be busy for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  58. hahaha I loved your use of the word "noobiness."

    ReplyDelete
  59. i think ur laptop got virus la.. the IE cannot open that page right, it is virus..experienced it before..LoL

    ReplyDelete
  60. luckily u got urself a Mac^^

    ReplyDelete
  61. Haha, now only u realize..
    There are many IE users because of they are built-in with Windows. And many out there don't know there are FF, Safari and Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  62. yeah, i sometimes have problem going to your site with IE, it just loaded halfway, say unable to connect, and then blank off the page!! frustrating enough~~

    ReplyDelete
  63. I can't stand FF!!!!! It feels like freeware (not polished, sometimes inconsistent interface), has even more bugs than IE, and attracts the most obnoxious fanbase since Steve Jobs' mom let him out of the basement.

    Thanks, but I'll stick with IE... It doesn't give ME any trouble...



    -90% of computer errors are user errors.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be replied on your blog if necessary.
Thank you! =)