kenwooi.blogspot.com
is no longer active!

You're being directed to
kenwooi.com
in a moment.

Latest from kenwooi.com

04 July 2009

Malacca: The Historical State

I was at Malacca over the weekend with uni friends. Great place, albeit the hot weather, and the food there is certainly tummy-6packs-in-1-builder!

Our first stop - the well-known Chicken Rice Ball!

Well it tasted like normal chicken rice but the rice is rolled up into a ball - making it unique! Here's my plate...

malacca chicken rice ball

2 chicken rice balls with a chicken wing. Looking interesting huh?

Next up - we headed to the Red City of Malacca!

malacca red city

It took us quite some time to search for parking spots. The city was certainly overcrowded with cars - and they park for a long duration!

malacca parking coupons

See, so many parking coupons - park so long for what? This guy must be searching for Parameswara, the founder of Malacca back in the early 1400s.

We headed to the famous A 'Famosa Fort by the Portuguese and on the way, we took some pictures.


The group I went with - 11 of us.

And I tried some jumping shots - FAILED miserably.


Somehow I look like Wolverine - about to pound on someone. Cool huh?

Oh yeah, I had to censor my revealed abdomen. I don't want any unnecessary attention caused by my attractive and obvious 6packs-in-1 abs. ;)

We then proceeded to the almighty fort - my first time there!

malacca a famosa fort

Certainly amazing - although it's very old already.

We then walked up to the higher fort and there, we were able to have a wonderful view of Malacca city.


Look at the guy in orange shirt. Tsk tsk tsk. Naughty naughty.

After that, we walked to Jonker Street, or Walk.

malacca jonker street

And feasted on the delicious local cuisine, especially Durian Cendol! Now I'm carving for more cendol!

malacca durian cendol

After dinner we took a stroll along the street - somehow it looked like pasar malam (night market) to me. But of course, the food there is exceptional.

Later that night we visited the Eye on Malaysia in Malacca!

malacca eye on malaysia

It was my first time laying my eyes on this magnificent structure - never been to the one previously in Titiwangsa.

For supper, Satay Celup!

malacca satay celup

Heard of it? It's like satay but the stick is dipped (translation of "Celup") into the gravy and wait for it to cook. It's like satay-cum-steamboat.

Totally delicious - I ate until my 6packs-in-1 abs grew larger!

The next day, we had Nyonya Food for lunch.

malacca nyonya food

It was kinda spicy but I can totally withstand it. I normally don't take spicy food for your information. Compliment me please?

Anyway, the 2 days trip was certainly fun. Eat so much until I have more obvious 6packs-in-1 abs. Wanna see?

Don't want lah. Later you jealous! =P

More details of the trip will be published soon. Stay tuned! =)

66 comments:

  1. cendol!!! Jonker street cendol rawks cause they use real gula melaka! i'll never forget the taste. awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time i went to malacca was when i was 12.. after UPSR with friends. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Eye on Malaysia in Malacca! -> i didnt know abt that. i should have tried it. i had no idea when i was in Melaka last yr in December

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malacca!!! I'm heading to there this coming August, but only for 2D1N. Any sense that I could visit most of the tourist spots in such a short time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm from Malacca... But, now working and stay a KL. I miss Malacca "Lut Lut" so much~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA~~~ i ate almost the same thing u just had everytime i go Melaka!

    I love durian cendol too.. OMG~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, great post on Malacca. My last trip there was in Jan 2009. Maybe I should make a trip there again after seeing the food :)

    David
    http://jrhogan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason, I dont know why nobody goes to Malacca for the pork satay.

    I dont really like the satay celup, but pork satay? OMGWTFBBQ. Ill go to Malacca just to get it.

    Comes with a special satay sauce which has a pineapple base. So the sauce is really good. And the pork satay? So goooooooooooooooood! with 14 o's

    If you like pork intestines like I do, its fucking delicious.

    Used to be at jonkers street, then moved to somwhere near a "rangers college" not really sure bout the name, but i think i got the rangers part right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. melaka...
    long time never been there already... XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow~
    great trip with ur college frens wor!!
    yi...i saw "perver pig's hand"/ ham ju sao there!!
    who's that guy?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. ham sap lou ken!!!lol....melaka...it reminds me of somebody =(

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooohhh... all the nice pics!! Long time no been to Malacca already... which sate celop you went to?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the chicken ball rice is over rated. I like satay celup and the durian cendol. Yum! Yum!

    I love going to Jonker Street! Wow! You can really eat spicy food! Now, is that good enough? : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arr...i miss those Gula Melaka cendols. Is it inside a pondok near chicken ball rice there?

    & one more thing...why u so ham sap geh...

    http://daifeijay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmm... malacca quite a fun place to travel...
    GOOD FOOD TOO!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. so poor thing ar eat 2 fish ball n wings haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. i miss malacca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. rate the spiciness from ranking of 1-5? =)

    the rolled-rice really looks like fish ball..how many all together? the price?

    btw...did you ride on the eye on m'sia?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wolverine gonna poke someone's ass hole.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Malacca is a nice place indeed to visit. Went there last year/last last year I think. Loads of awesome food to eat there too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wah the orange guy seriously..damn teruk lar..if me i repot polis liao..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha .... somebody sweet during the two days wo ... If the food delicious, how big the spare tyre i also wont say no .... Just eat la ..haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. my hometown ler...

    i also cant take spicy food de... =p

    ReplyDelete
  24. okokok. I compliment you for eating spicy food. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. The rice ball was ok. I prefer the normal rice cos not so sticky XD

    Did you go to the Dataran Pahlawan shopping mall? OMG so big have to take 10 minutes just to walk from one end to the other @@

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ken!
    You made me miss the food in Malacca even more!
    There are more food apart from those.
    Popiah, seafood at the alley (only open at night) and char-siew rice (open at late at night, around midnight).
    For Nyonya food, I miss pomteh the most T_T

    ReplyDelete
  27. I live in Malacca...nothing really attracts me...But I really, really love Malacca a lot. Although it is not the most advanced but I still love it the way it is. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have eaten the stuff you showed...I have visited the places you posted...hahaha :D

    Perhaps I should write about Malacca too. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  29. O.o the Eye on Malaysia ran to Malacca already? LOL paiseh I sampat, so I didn't know. :P

    Durian cendol? Must try it someday. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow... The food looks good...

    Didn't know Malacca got so much nice food...
    Hungry liao... lol...
    I always thought food was only Penang... =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dude! This post make me want to go back to Malacca man!

    What I really miss is the Chicken Rice Ball and of course, Cendol Durian! Aiyo... now you make me hungry liao.. Hahaha..

    Anyway, Malacca is a good place to go jalan-jalan.

    ReplyDelete
  32. nice place.
    the last time i've been there is last year i guess. with the eyes of malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  33. MALACCA! me love malacca! Dx

    ReplyDelete
  34. i spotted the otak-otak!!! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  35. hmm.. time for me to head to melaka!

    ReplyDelete
  36. i miss malacca! been there twice already and still looking forward for more visits.btw thanks for stopping by my page.

    rosseorbon

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very interesting, Kenwooi. Thank you.. I am planning a Malacca trip to in about next year or so... This is definitely a good guide for me to seek the chicken rice ball and durian cendol. Kudos! Arigato for this!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yummy and lovely. You guys sure look like you had lots of fun.

    And becareful with the hand will ya? orange boy.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Um, interesting arrangement of the balls and chicken wing...

    ReplyDelete
  40. the cendol is the bomb man! luckily u went to the correct stall

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi there, can i get your email?

    send me at whitepig888@gmail.com

    I would like to ask you smethings. Hope you can help me out.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  42. it's been a while since i visit melaka. haha

    sad to say that although i ve been studying in melaka for 5 years, i only been the fort for 1 time only XD

    ReplyDelete
  43. Was told that chicken rice balls originated from Muar. The shop still stands today and the rice balls taste better. Tasted both.

    ReplyDelete
  44. On behave of the Malaccans, I would like to say thank you for visting Malacca :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dudeeee. Satay celup rocks! But if uncontrolled, can cause a big hole in your wallet xD

    You perv. I'm not surprised xD

    ReplyDelete
  47. wah..sound interesting..rice with ball..

    ReplyDelete
  48. I miss Mlk's Cha Siew Rice :(.

    ReplyDelete
  49. ehh, i dream that i go to Malacca x=

    ReplyDelete
  50. That first picture is forming a very strange image in my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  51. @DC, Now that you mentioned it...it starts to slow distort into something...

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hmmmm..it's been long time din visit Melaka already...Missing there............:)

    ReplyDelete
  53. lol, so many parking coupon. hahaha.....

    ReplyDelete
  54. nice entry on malacca! i was thr twice within 1 yr..tried almost everything u did, except the eye & satay celup *too long queue!

    ReplyDelete
  55. OMG!! Ur melacca trip and the picture is making me hungry and missing malaysia's food.. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  56. ahhh i love the satay celup :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. HAhaha nice piccies =FAIL= jump shot!

    ReplyDelete
  58. wa failed jump lo

    ReplyDelete
  59. uwaahhh..!! i hate reading dis one.. all i can see is FOOD!.. nyummy nyummy!! soo hungryy!

    ReplyDelete
  60. i hate the arrangement of the rice ball and the chicken wing tip!! don't do that again, piak piak!!
    =p

    ReplyDelete
  61. what a fun day! it wouldn't be complete without the foods =)

    ooops, was that wolverine you said?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be replied on your blog if necessary.
Thank you! =)